Our History

The Goble Funeral Home & Crematory, 330 Wood St, Clarion opened its doors for business in June of 1952. The late Gerald L. Goble Sr purchased the business from the late Fred Jenkins, who had conducted a funeral home on South Fifth Avenue. Goble Sr. worked for Jenkins for a total of five years before succeeding him.

After acquiring the business, Goble moved it to its present location, which previously was the home of John A. McGee. Through the years, the firm has made many improvements to ensure a continued atmosphere of dignity and graciousness.

Bringing a second generation into the business, Rick Goble graduated from Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1977 and was licensed to practice in 1978. He was associated with his father until 1982, when the senior Goble retired and Rick bought the business.

That same year, another phase of the funeral service was added as the Northwestern Pennsylvania Crematory as established in a service building that also houses four stalls for funeral vehicles, a casket display room and offices.

In December 1983, Gerald Goble died and the business continued under Rick’s management.

In 1988 a complete renovation of the Funeral Chapel was completed and additional space was added. Goble says the firm continues to strive to maintain a facility that gives the people the dignity and respect they deserve.

For over 50 years the Goble Funeral Home and Crematory has made an effort to educate the public through lectures, seminars and advice to keep them informed of the latest trends including pre planning, to ensure your personal requests or wishes will be carried out in detail.

Goble has been active in the community affairs for many years and lives in Clarion with his wife Sue and their therapy dog Abby.  They are also the parents of two adult children, Loren and Todd.

© Goble Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc. | Clarion, PA - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants